Saturday, February 19, 2005

Barbershop

Really cool movie which inundates you with humor in every day life in a very realistic manner. Got some really funny no make that HILARIOUS moments and some excellent dialogue and dialogue delivery ... "my bad" or even "hook me up" also youll find a lot of quoted words in this post all inspired by the movie.

Unfortunately I have been able to visit barbershops which are more like the cost clippers or cost cutters kind. the KFCs of barbers.

But what still perplexes me is whats the worry with THICK HAIR ???

Ok before I start theres one more point to make I ve always been "hooked up" by ladies in the shop. now these ladies are some times like your mamma doing your hair and sometimes like your girlfriend wanting you to have a sexy look. But hey .. no one seems to bother bout me.

I've had ... some really funky no make that obscene, experiences with barbershops and barbers in India. hahaha .. dont even want to start with that.

So the first lady I had a cut with had some mexicans before me and they couldnt even speak english. The lady thinks Im Mexican too and the latters cousin waiting in the line to give the poor lady a real "bad ass" time. But she thanked me for speaking in englaisias. or watever the spaniards call it. Hers was the best haircut Ive had in a barbershop here.

Then was this lady who would make my ma look like she lets her sons have big hair. (which I had to fight for and had to be careful to sleep only after she slept) This lady just razed my head like her lawn and left me with a desert of a hairstyle. " ooooh look at you .... you have thick hair ... would I love to have hair like yours ( I was howling then ...for you should see my hair when they are real short ...they stand like their national anthems playing perennially).... wait lemme thin your hair"....next I remember I was alive and in the shower.

Then I decided to visit the McDs of barbershops and there the girl was some real young chick you'd ask out if you met outside. So I let her do my hair. And shes doing a good job at it until she goes to shave off my neck and for some reasons I asked her to let it be ... so this avril lavigne doesnt even trim the hair near that part !!!!

Finally I come back to the regular place. New person there ".. ooooh look at your hair ... you have thick hair .. wait lemme thin em ..." and before I could say .. n.... I have the horrendous Big fat "big ass" "bad ass" "MF" hair thinning scissors going through my hair.

I have thick hair ... wheres that sylvia of a joker??? I need to ask him/her

I have thick hair .... and fat stomach .. do you have a stomach thinning insturment too??

Note: I end up tipping all of them for being good to me. Because I know the bhaiyas at the corner hated when I would enter their shop and say "hook me up"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Je Suis Blog

If you are South Asian or Middle Eastern origin person, and haven't seen Paris yet, be prepared to be treated like the Sikhs and people...