Thursday, February 03, 2005

Days dont go by

Plans never seem to work well ever. So yesterday I had a plan of faxing my HW to the Prof. but I end up clarifying one doubt with a colleague at work, and the chat goes on till late evening.

Next Im at home trying to finish off the homework, synchronising the .doc part of the hw with the realtime hard copy of the remaining part. But the damn Charter God decides to work his way off me probably for not respecting the Internet and logging on to yahoo for 3 - 4 days, i get punished. No internet. No synchronisation. No work done. Great plan so far.

So yesterday night finds me working hard on trying to get the last problem straight on paper.
Hit the sack at 1230. get up at 715 ( yeah late for a change). The Rains are now working on me. so even if I did get ready soon (staggering feat of brushing to dressing to cerealing in 15 mins) I have to wait for my pal with the car to pick me up.

All the while I figure out the last problem to put it on paper. get a rough draft ready. decide I dont need the textbook, will just scribble the whole thing on final draft and fax it first thing in the office. Come to office, am finally getting a chance to synchronise the whole draft. But hey how can you forget the meeting that was supposed to start in 15 mins. got involved in the meeting and after a whole hour and a half Finally get my hands on the hw again. In between I get to be an insensitive moron by totally neglecting the haalat of someone who cares for me no matter what.

yes now I have time to work on the HW. have to submit before 1 its already 1030. start finalising the draft when suddenly the number 3 pops up in an equation. generally I wouldnt refuse a 3 ;) but here !!!! where did the god damn 3 come from ??? So desparately cursed my dumb brain for thinking it best to let the textbook enjoy the heater on at home.

to make matters worse i get confused with the name of the person whose equation Im using. Barett's test and Bartlett's test. ( heres a pop quiz which one do you think is right?) forget getting confused I didnt even know the right one as I had the wrong one fixated in my brain even If i had to read the damn test book like a tibetian monk.

Ah well finally get the hw straight send the fax. And pop the reminder for the next meeting!!! And I was supposed to work for this in the morning. huh ?? where did the damn morning go?
skip goes the meal. never had a plan for it, though so doesnt make a difference. but generally I do read news, other blogs,gmail etc at that time, that too skipped.

the meeting goes on for a marathon 3 hours its not a marathon considering my meetings with my advisor in school where i had to stand for 5 hours straight at the board explaining things to my pals but heck no meal too !!!!

come back from the meeting to receive a mail from the TA stating my HWs due 17th FEB !!!! YEAH I KNOW !!! whatever u guys think its true!! well it so happens I qualify for the extra time as Im a distance student whereas regular students have to turn it in today. but hey why dont you mention it at least in the fine print , i have a habit of reading the fine prints of things in the loo. dont ask.

So after all this. While Im typing it and reliving the past 24 hrs I now need to update things from todays meeting for tomorrow .. haha 3 hrs of updates + 1 hr of editing before 12 tomorrow !! hahah nice. not to forget Im an alien so I cant stay on premises after 7.

And you think thats a day well over ? I still have to cook for 5 ppl in the evening !!!!

Christmas isnt all snowy in Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Je Suis Blog

If you are South Asian or Middle Eastern origin person, and haven't seen Paris yet, be prepared to be treated like the Sikhs and people...