Sunday, October 05, 2008

Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind

This weekend I had some time to watch a movie and I thought I should watch this movie that was so much in the news when it was released. Jim Carrey has always been my favorite hero, but after some time, his theatrics were just so similar to me that my loyalty to him was wearing. And then I just didnt watch some of his great movies, I havent yet watched "The Cable Guy" as well and I think my next movie might as well be that. But this movie isnt about Jim Carrey at all. Yeah he's acted well in it, but this movie is about it's story and love.

Many have written reviews where they say that this movie brought back their belief in love. Its so cool to see that they erased themselves from their lives, yet they got back. And this time around, they decided to change what they did wrong.

I loved the character of Clementine played by Kate Winslet the most. Random, intellectual, impulsive... Just complements the boring character of Joel...The Director also introduced the other characters in such a nice manner so as to reason out the ending. None in the cast was wasted, or redundant, all just made so much sense.

Its a must watch. But again, some may like the movie, some may feel that the concpets used are too weird to get across the point that they are trying to make. But hey its a movie, a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Je Suis Blog

If you are South Asian or Middle Eastern origin person, and haven't seen Paris yet, be prepared to be treated like the Sikhs and people...