Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Week of Isolation

Friday 27th August I touched down at Greenville SC.
Sunday 29th August My seniors leave Greenville SC.
Sunday 29th August Me and Rohan (my new room-mate) signed the lease for our apartment.
Monday 30th August Rohan goes to work I stay back at the apartment.

Apartment: A hall, a kitchen, a bedroom and a balcony.
Utilities at Apartment: Electricity, Water, Washer Dryers.
Things not present at Apartment: TV, Telephone, Radio, Speakers, Internet, PC, car.
Things present at Apartment: 1 Novel by Robert Ludlum, 1 Free Newspaper, 1 Motivational book called 10 rules to break and 10 rules to make.
Me: Felt like breaking my head 10 times.

Tuesday 31st August: Enter Hariprasth Naraynswamy "HARRY" my second roommate.

Wednesday: I lost count of date and started looking forward to Tuesday 7th September my joining date.

Sometimes in life you take the basic facilities for granted. But a week full of lunch at the gas station and Subway situated at the corner, no Phone and or internet and possibly no modes of trasnsport made us realise one thing..... there are still lots of things I have to buy !!!!

Thursday: Me and Harry bored beyond relief walked 3 hours in search of internet !

Friday: Me and Harry still with the hope of internet walked 30 mins in the opposite direction to find the public library ! JACKPOT !! 46 bulk mails deleted.

Saturday: Hope, Relief and civilization returns back to us in the form of two people who decided to pay rohan a visit for the long weekend.Yahoo Car and phone to use.

Saturday: visited Atlanta, Georgia.
Sunday: visited Triple Waterfalls,NC. Caesers Head State Park,SC.
Monday: played cricket, visited local family .:D got internet.visited one more family in the night. got dinner :D.

Tuesday: GE Energy, Greenville,SC welcomes me with rains, a complex system of passwords and accounts and an internet access that surprisingly allows blogspot to continue :D

Life goes on. I now dream of internet access and a phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Je Suis Blog

If you are South Asian or Middle Eastern origin person, and haven't seen Paris yet, be prepared to be treated like the Sikhs and people...