Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Bhai Bhabhi n the 12 friends.

My brother recently celebrated the anniversary of the day he got engaged to my bhabhi.
Now its not surprising that engagements are a big event in India. So for my brothers engagements my bhabhis family wanted just to be with close family. The event was supposed to be only for the real close people of the couple. As it was just a family thing I wasn’t allowed to call my friends. In a typical shailenesque silent suppression of rage I just didn’t mention to any of my friends that my bro is getting engaged. Of course the party for the night was granted to me by my bro (sponsored daru was always a big thing you see) but not the engagement ceremony. Finally on the last but one day I was allowed to call my friends. Just a bunch of 12 old time school friends who are the worst lot when it comes to behaving. So anyways it’s a Friday night I couldn’t catch hold of everyone but still I managed to leave a message at everyone’s home. The next day evening we all end up at the place where the engagements supposed to take place. I had specifically mentioned these jokers the time for the ring exchange program. Only about 20 mins were remaining when I decide to call one of them and see the status as to where they are. The calls go somewhat like this:

Call 1
Me: “hello aunty! D at home?”
Ay: “No he’s left for A’s place”
Me: “A’s ? Aunty they are supposed to be here its about time for the engagement!!”
Ay: “try A”

Call 2
Me: “A!!! WTF!! What are you doing home? Its friggin 7! Why arent you guys out yet??”
A: “You serious? We thought it was your April fools prank on us!”
Call terminated.
Oh yeah forgot to mention it was on 1st april.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Je Suis Blog

If you are South Asian or Middle Eastern origin person, and haven't seen Paris yet, be prepared to be treated like the Sikhs and people...